- The definition of a send-off is a friendly demonstration for another that is starting something new.
An example of send-off is a going away party.
- an expression or demonstration of friendly feeling toward someone starting out on a trip, career, etc.
- a start given to someone or something
- A party for a person (i.e. a fellow employee) who is leaving; a farewell party.
- We had a sendoff for our departing colleague as he left for a better job.
- A party to recognize the passing (death) of a friend and allow survivors to reminisce about the person's life.
- Alternative form of sendoff.
(third-person singular simple present sends off, present participle sending off, simple past and past participle sent off)
- (sports) To show someone a red card, and dismiss them from the playing area; a red-card.