- The definition of a self-contradiction is the act of someone or something conflicting or going against itself.
An example of a self-contradiction is an atheist wearing a cross.
- contradiction of oneself or itself
- any statement or idea containing elements that contradict each other
- self-contradictory adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act, state, or fact of contradicting oneself.
- An idea or statement containing contradictory elements.
- selfˌ-conˌtra·dicˈto·ry adjective