Kathy struggled for many years prior to getting her diagnosis of schizophrenic disorder, but with treatment and medication she has her life back.
- The definition of schizophrenic is something relating to the mental disorder characterized by hallucinations, delusions, disorganization and conflicting personalities.
An example of schizophrenic used as an adjective is the phrase "schizophrenic disorder" which means a disorder where a person changes personalities frequently.
- Schizophrenic is defined as a person who has a mental disease characterized by hallucinations, delusions, disorganization and acting in conflicting ways.
An example of a schizophrenic is someone who bounces back and forth between personalities.
- Of, relating to, or affected with schizophrenia.
- Of, relating to, or characterized by the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic elements: “I vacillated back and forth without once perceiving that my impulses were schizophrenic” ( Shirley Abbott )
(comparative more schizophrenic, superlative most schizophrenic)
- A person suffering from schizophrenia.
schizo- +"Ž -phrenic