- of or like an arrow or arrowhead
- designating or of the suture between the two parietal bones along the length of the skull
- designating, of, or in the longitudinal plane of this suture, regarded as dividing the body into right and left halves
- of or in any plane parallel to this
Origin of sagittalModern Latin sagittalis from Classical Latin sagitta, arrow
- Of or relating to the suture uniting the two parietal bones of the skull.
- Of or relating to the sagittal plane.
Origin of sagittalNew Latin sagittālis from Latin sagitta arrow
From New Latin sagittÄlis, from sagitta (“arrow").