- to make Roman in character, spirit, etc.
- to make Roman Catholic
- to respell in the Roman alphabet
- to follow or be influenced by Roman customs, law, etc.
- to conform to Roman Catholicism
transitive verbRo·man·ized, Ro·man·iz·ing, Ro·man·iz·es
- To convert (a person) to Roman Catholicism.
- To make Roman in character, allegiance, or style.
- often romanize To write or transliterate in the Latin alphabet.
(third-person singular simple present romanizes, present participle romanizing, simple past and past participle romanized)