- the cutting of spiral grooves on the inside of a gun barrel to make the projectile spin when fired, thus giving the shot greater accuracy and distance
- a series or system of such grooves
- The process or operation of cutting spiral grooves in a rifle barrel.
- Grooves cut in a rifle barrel.
- The act or process of making the grooves in a rifled cannon or gun barrel.
- The system of grooves in a rifled gun barrel or cannon. Shunt rifling, rifling for cannon, in which one side of the groove is made deeper than the other, to facilitate loading with shot having projections which enter by the deeper part of the grooves.
- Present participle of rifle.