- An example of retrieval is when you lose your keys down an elevator shaft and you get your maintenance man to help you get them back.
- An example of retrieval is when you access a file that you saved on a hard drive on your computer.
Retrieval is the act of getting something back, or of accessing stored data and files in a computer.
- the act or process of retrieving
- possibility of recovery or restoration
- The act or process of retrieving.
- Computers The process of accessing information from memory or other storage devices.
- The possibility of being retrieved or restored: lost possessions beyond retrieval.