- Remittance is the act of sending in money to pay for something.
An example of remittance is what a customer sends in the mail when a bill is received.
- Remittance is defined as money that is sent to pay for something.
An example of remittance is the check sent to pay for the treadmill you bought on TV.
- the sending of money, as by mail
- the money sent
- [pl.] money sent home, as to relatives, by persons working abroad
Origin of remittancefrom remit + -ance
- The sending of money to someone at a distance.
- The sum of money sent.