The definition of a relator is someone who tells something or narrates.
An example of a relator is a parent who reads books to their children.
- a person who relates, or tells; relater
- Law a private person at whose prompting or complaint a public action is begun to bring in question the exercise of an office, franchise, etc.
Origin of relatorClassical Latin
- One who relates or narrates: a relator of stories for children.
- Law A beneficially interested person on whose behalf an action is maintained by a sovereign power or a state.
- One who relates, or tells.
- The several relators of this history "” Fuller.
- (law) A private person at whose relation, or in whose behalf, the attorney-general allows an information in the nature of a quo warranto to be filed.
- (mathematics) An expression of the identity element of a group as a product of generators, used in the presentation of the group.
relator - Legal Definition
Individual who reports or gives information upon whose word certain legal documents may be given.