- the kidneys, or the region of the kidneys
- the loins, thought of as the seat of the emotions and affections
- the emotions and affections
Origin of reinsMiddle English reines ; from Old French reins ; from Classical Latin renes, plural of ren, kidney
- The kidneys, loins, or lower back.
- The seat of the affections and passions.
Origin of reinsMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin r&emacron;n&emacron;s.
- plural form of rein
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of rein