- that refrigerates; that cools or freezes something
- reducing heat or fever
Origin of refrigerantClassical Latin refrigerans, present participle
- a medicine used to reduce fever
- a substance used in refrigeration; specif., any of various liquids that vaporize at a low temperature, used in mechanical refrigeration
- Cooling or freezing; refrigerating.
- Medicine Reducing fever.
- A substance, such as air, ammonia, water, or carbon dioxide, used to provide cooling either as the working substance of a refrigerator or by direct absorption of heat.
- Medicine An agent used to reduce fever.
(comparative more refrigerant, superlative most refrigerant)