- an untanned or only partially tanned cattle hide
- a whip, cord, etc. made of this
transitive verb-·hid·ed, -·hid·ing
to beat or drive with such a whip
- The untanned hide of cattle or other animals.
- A whip or rope made of rawhide.
transitive verbraw·hid·ed, raw·hid·ing, raw·hides
To beat with a rawhide whip.
(third-person singular simple present rawhides, present participle rawhiding, simple past and past participle rawhided)
- To clear (a pump) of sediment by starting and stopping it repeatedly.