(comparative more rampantly, superlative most rampantly)
- In a rampant manner.
Variant of rampant
- growing luxuriantly; flourishing: rampant plants
- spreading unchecked; widespread; rife
- violent and uncontrollable in action, manner, speech, etc.
- Archit. having one abutment higher than the other: said of an arch
- rearing up on the hind legs
- Heraldry depicted thus in profile, with one forepaw raised above the other: a lion rampant
Origin of rampantMiddle English ; from Old French present participle of ramper: see ramp