- Quod is British slang for jail.
An example of quod is where convicted criminals go if they’re caught in London.
Brit., Slang prison; jail
Origin of quodprobably variant, variety of quad, contr. ; from quadrangle (of a prison)
- 1563, John Foxe, Actes and Monuments, 1868, The Church Historians of England: Reformation Period, Volume 8, Part 1, page 422,
- â€œWhy,â€ quod her friend, â€œwould ye not willingly have gone with your company, if God should so have suffered it?â€
- 1908, James Gairdner, Lollardy and the Reformation in England: An Historical Survey, 2010, Cambridge University Press, page 416,
- â€œAnd therefore I have granted to their request,â€ quod the King; [â€¦] .
First attested circa 1700. Origin unknown.