- To quantify is defined as to measure or express the quantity of something.
An example of quantify is to count the number of times a word was misspelled in a book.
quantify definition by Webster's New World
- to determine or express the quantity of; indicate the extent of; measure
- to express in quantitative terms, or as a numerical equivalent
- Logic to make the quantity or extension of (a term or symbol) clear and explicit by the use of a quantifier, as all, none, or some
Origin: Midieval Latin quantificare ; from Classical Latin quantus, how much (see quantity) plush facere, to make, do
quantify definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb quan·ti·fied, quan·ti·fy·ing, quan·ti·fies
- To determine or express the quantity of.
- Logic To limit the variables of (a proposition) by prefixing an operator such as all or some.
Origin: Medieval Latin quantificāre : Latin quantus, how great; see quantity + Latin -ficāre, -fy.
- quanˌti·fiˈa·ble adjective
- quanˌti·fi·caˈtion noun