- Quantifying is defined as expressing the value of something in numerical form, or using quantifiers (like all, some or none) to provide further information about something.
- When you try to measure the cost of lost productivity due to work injuries by getting an exact dollar amount of the cost, this is an example of quantifying lost productivity.
- When you want to make clear thatall rain storms are wet, not just some rain storms, and you use the word all,this is an example of quantifying.
Variant of quantify
transitive verbquantified, quantifying
- to determine or express the quantity of; indicate the extent of; measure
- to express in quantitative terms, or as a numerical equivalent
- Logic to make the quantity or extension of (a term or symbol) clear and explicit by the use of a quantifier, as all, none, or some
Origin of quantifyMedieval Latin quantificare ; from Classical Latin quantus, how much (see quantity) + facere, to make, do