- The illness of schizophrenia is something psychiatric; a psychiatric illness.
- A hospital where mental illnesses are treated is an example of something that is psychiatric; a psychiatric hospital.
The definition of psychiatric is something having to do with mental or emotional processes, or something affected by mental illness.
- of, pertaining to, or associated with psychiatry
- affecting mental or emotional processes: psychiatric side effects
- affected by mental illness: psychiatric patients
- Of, or relating to, psychiatry.