- Precipitated is defined as caused to happen.
When you caused a fight to occur, this is an example of a time when youprecipitated the fight.
Variant of precipitate
- to throw headlong; hurl downward
- to cause to happen before expected, warranted, needed, or desired; bring on; hasten: to precipitate a crisis
- to cause (a slightly soluble substance) to become insoluble, as by heat or by a chemical reagent, and separate out from a solution
- to cause the separation of a suspended liquid or solid from a gas
- Meteorol. to condense (water vapor) and cause to fall to the ground as rain, snow, sleet, etc.
Origin: ; from Classical Latin praecipitatus, past participle of praecipitare ; from praeceps: see precipice
- Chem. to be precipitated
- Meteorol. to condense and fall to the ground as rain, snow, sleet, etc.
- falling steeply, rushing headlong, flowing swiftly, etc.
- acting, happening, or done very hastily or rashly; impetuous; headstrong
- very sudden, unexpected, or abrupt
Origin: L praecipitatus: see precipitatethe
Origin: ModL praecipitatum