practically[prak′tik lē, -ti kə lē]
- in a practical manner
- from a practical viewpoint
- for all practical purposes; in effect; virtually: practically a dictator
- Informal almost; nearly
- All but; nearly; almost: He had practically finished his meal when I arrived.
- In a way that is practical: We planned the room practically for use as a study as well as a den.
(comparative more practically, superlative most practically)
- In practice; in effect. Not necessarily officially the case but what actually occurs.
- He was practically educated and lacked theoretical depth.
- Almost completely; almost entirely
- He was practically uneducated, barely able to read and write a simple sentence.
- With respect to practices or a practice.
- He wasn't very good with words or numbers, he was more of a practically-minded person