- the governmental department in charge of the mails
- an office or building where mail is sorted for distribution, postage stamps are sold, etc.
- ☆ a kissing game for young people in which one pretending to be postman gives out kisses instead of letters
See post office in American Heritage Dictionary 4
noun Abbr. PO
- The public department responsible for the transportation and delivery of the mails. Also called postal service.
- A local office where mail is received, sorted, and delivered, and where stamps and other postal materials are sold.
- A game in which kisses are exchanged for pretended letters.
Learn more about post office