- Politicking is the act of campaigning for an office.
A senator up for reelection shaking hands and kissing babies is an example of politicking.
political activity; esp., the process of campaigning for support, votes, etc.
- Present participle of politick.
Variant of politic
- political: archaic except in body politic
- having practical wisdom; prudent; shrewd; diplomatic
- crafty; unscrupulous
- prudently or artfully contrived; expedient, as a plan, action, remark, etc.
Origin of politicMiddle English polytyk ; from Middle French politique ; from Classical Latin politicus ; from Classical Greek politikos, of a citizen ; from politēs: see police