peppermint[pep′ər mint′, -mənt]
peppermint definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an aromatic, perennial plant (Mentha piperita) of the mint family, with lance-shaped leaves and whitish or purplish flowers in dense terminal spikes
- the pungent oil it yields, used for flavoring
- a candy or lozenge flavored with this oil
peppermint definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A plant, Mentha piperita, having small purple or white flowers and downy leaves that yield a pungent oil.
- The oil from this plant or a preparation made from it, used as a flavoring.
- A candy or lozenge flavored with this oil.