peppermint[pep′ər mint′, -mənt]
- an aromatic, perennial plant (Mentha piperita) of the mint family, with lance-shaped leaves and whitish or purplish flowers in dense terminal spikes
- the pungent oil it yields, used for flavoring
- a candy or lozenge flavored with this oil
- A hybrid perennial plant (Mentha &botx;piperita) in the mint family, having small purple or white flowers and downy leaves that yield a pungent oil used as a flavoring and in some medicinal preparations.
- A candy or lozenge flavored with oil from this plant.