patency[pāt′'n sē, pat′-]
- Patency is defined as the state of being open or unobstructed, or showing an infection of parasites.
- When your arteries are free from obstruction, this is an example of patency.
- When you have an infection of parasites large enough to be detected, this is an example of patency.
- the state or quality of being patent, or obvious
- Med. the state of being open or unobstructed
Origin of patencyMedieval Latin patentia
- The state or quality of being obvious.
- Medicine The state or quality of being open, expanded, or unblocked.