- When your arteries are free from obstruction, this is an example of patency.
- When you have an infection of parasites large enough to be detected, this is an example of patency.
Patency is defined as the state of being open or unobstructed, or showing an infection of parasites.
- the state or quality of being patent, or obvious
- Med. the state of being open or unobstructed
Origin of patencyMedieval Latin patentia
- The state or quality of being obvious.
- Medicine The state or quality of being open, expanded, or unblocked.
patent +"Ž -cy