- a leisurely walk, esp. in the evening; stroll
- a street or plaza for strolling
- the parade of bullfighters into the arena before bullfights
Origin of paseoSpanish ; from pasear, to walk ; from paso, a step ; from Classical Latin passus: see pace
- a. A slow, easy stroll or walk outdoors.b. The street, series of streets, or walkway along which such a walk is taken.
- In bullfighting, the formal procession into the ring of the players, including the matadors, banderilleros, and horses, that occurs just before the first bull is fought.
Origin of paseoSpanish, from pasear, to take a stroll, frequentative of pasar, to go, pass; see pase.
From Spanish paseo.