- a leisurely walk, esp. in the evening; stroll
- a street or plaza for strolling
- the parade of bullfighters into the arena before bullfights
Origin of paseoSpanish from pasear, to walk from paso, a step from Classical Latin passus: see pace
- a. A slow, easy stroll or walk outdoors.b. The street, series of streets, or walkway along which such a walk is taken.
- In bullfighting, the formal procession into the ring of the players, including the matadors, banderilleros, and horses, that occurs just before the first bull is fought.
Origin of paseoSpanish from pasear to take a stroll frequentative of pasar to go, pass ; see pase .
From Spanish paseo.