- a leisurely walk, esp. in the evening; stroll
- a street or plaza for strolling
- the parade of bullfighters into the arena before bullfights
Origin: Sp from pasear, to walk from paso, a step from Classical Latin passus: see pace
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. pa·se·os
- A slow, easy stroll or walk outdoors.
- The street, series of streets, or walkway along which such a walk is taken.
- In bullfighting, the formal procession into the ring of the players, including the matadors, banderilleros, and horses, that occurs just before the first bull is fought.
Origin: Spanish, from pasear, to take a stroll, frequentative of pasar, to go, pass; see pase.