(pär′lə ment′ə rē, -men′trē)
- of or like a parliament
- decreed or established by a parliament
- based on or conforming to the customs and rules of a parliament or other public assembly: parliamentary procedure
- having or governed by a parliament; specif., designating or of a government in which a prime minister or premier holds office only so long as he or she commands a majority in the parliament
See parliamentary in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of, relating to, or resembling a parliament.
- Enacted or decreed by a parliament.
- Being in accord with the rules and customs of a parliament.
a. Having a parliament.
b. Characterized by an executive branch consisting of cabinet ministers selected from and responsible to the parliament: parliamentary government.
Learn more about parliamentary