Origin of oxeyeMiddle English oxie: see ox and eye
- Any of several plants in the composite family, especially of the genera Buphthalmum and Heliopsis, having flowers with yellow rays and yellow or orange centers.
- A round or oval window, especially in a dormer.
- Several daisy-like flowers in various genera, especially the oxeye daisy.
- The corn camomile (Anthemis arvensis).
- Any of a genus of composite plants (Buphthalmum) with large yellow flowers.
- A titmouse, especially the great titmouse (Parus major) or the blue titmouse (P. caeruleus).
- The dunlin.
- A fish; the bogue, or box.