- daisy (sense )
- any of several cultivated chrysanthemums (esp. Chrysanthemum frutescens) with a single flower
- any of various daisylike plants of the composite family
Origin of margueriteFr, a pearl, daisy: see Margaret
a feminine name
Origin of Margueritesee Margaret
- Either of two cultivated plants of the composite family, Argyranthemum (or Chrysanthemum ) frutescens originally of the Canary Islands, or C. leucanthemum originally of Eurasia, having flower heads with white, pink, or yellow rays. Also called Paris daisy .
- Any of several similar or related plants having daisylike flowers.
Origin of margueriteFrench from Old French margarite daisy, pearl from Latin margarīta pearl from Greek margarītēs ; see margarite .
- An oxeye daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare).
From French marguerite
- A female given name borrowed from France in the 1860s.