- a member of a strolling band of musicians in Mexico, or any similar band elsewhere, typically playing violins, guitars, and trumpets and dressed in traditional charro garb
- such a band
- their music
Origin of mariachiMexican Spanish from French mariage (see marriage): from providing music at wedding celebrations
of or having to do with these musicians, their music, etc.
- A street band in Mexico, usually featuring violin, guitar, and trumpet players as well as vocalists.
- a. The music performed by such a band.b. A musician belonging to such a band.
Origin of mariachiMexican Spanish perhaps from an indigenous language of Mexico
- Of or pertaining to a traditional form of Mexican music, either sung or purely instrumental.
- Of or pertaining to a band playing such music, or to the singers of such songs.
- A group that plays mariachi music.
- A member of such a group.