- a prayer said at morning, noon, and evening in commemoration of the Incarnation
- the bell rung to announce the time for this prayer
Origin of AngelusClassical Latin (see angel): so named from the opening words, “Angelus Domini”
- A devotional prayer at morning, noon, and night to commemorate the Annunciation.
- A bell rung as a call to recite this prayer.
Origin of AngelusMedieval Latin from Late Latin angel (first word of the devotion) ; see angel .
- A male given name, a rare variant of Angelo.