Mil. a lesser trench or fortification built out beyond the main defenses
transitive verb-·worked′, -·work′ing
- to work better, faster, or harder than
- to work out to completion
transitive verbout·worked, or out·wrought out·work·ing, out·works
- To work better or faster than.
- To complete (something); work (something) out.
A minor fortification constructed beyond a main defensive position or fortification.
(third-person singular simple present outworks, present participle outworking, simple past and past participle outworked)
- A minor, subsidiary fortification built beyond the main limits of fortification.
out- +"Ž work