- outside the hull or bulwarks of, or toward the side of, a ship or boat
- ☆ away from or farther from the hull or fuselage of an aircraft
- ☆ outside the main body of a spacecraft
- outboard motor
- a boat with an outboard motor
See outboard in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. Situated or positioned outside the hull of a vessel.
b. Being in a position that is away from the center line of the hull of a ship.
- Situated or positioned toward or nearer the end of a wing of an aircraft.
- An outboard motor.
- A boat with an outboard motor.
Learn more about outboard