outboard definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- outside the hull or bulwarks of, or toward the side of, a ship or boat
- ☆ away from or farther from the hull or fuselage of an aircraft
- ☆ outside the main body of a spacecraft
- outboard motor
- a boat with an outboard motor
outboard definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Nautical a. Situated or positioned outside the hull of a vessel.b. Being in a position that is away from the center line of the hull of a ship.
- Situated or positioned toward or nearer the end of a wing of an aircraft.
- An outboard motor.
- A boat with an outboard motor.
- outˈboardˌ adverb