- An example of orientated is a hiker checking the compass to make sure he was heading north.
- An example of orientated is when a new college student wanders around campus until she knows her way around.
Orientated is a British version of oriented, defined as being positioned toward a reference point, or to be acquainted with a situation.
(comparative more orientated, superlative most orientated)
- having a specific orientation
- simple past tense and past participle of orientate
Variant of orientate
transitive verborientated, orientating
Origin of orientateorient + -ate, by associated, association with French orienter
- to face east, or in any specified direction
- to adjust to a situation