ridge of hills east of Jerusalem
also Mount Ol′i·vet
- plural form of olive
- They can do without architecture who have no olives nor wines in the cellar.
- They can put 'em in all kinds of things, even in olives in drinks.
- The neighbourhood produces wheat, barley, olives and vines in abundance.
- On the lower slopes of the Cordillera there are fertile irrigated valleys which produce grapes and olives for commercial purposes, and a considerable variety of fruits, cereals and vegetables for local consumption.
- The cultivation of olives is widespread in the districts of Sassari, Bosa, Iglesias, Alghero and the Gallura.