old moneyold money
- wealth acquired long ago and passed down through the generations, often regarded as conferring privileged status
- a person, family, etc. possessing such wealth
- The inherited wealth of established upper-class families.
- A person, family, or lineage possessing inherited wealth: married old money.
- (idiomatic) Families that have been wealthy for generations or members of such families.
- (UK) The monetary system used in the United Kingdom before decimalisation (1971) and consisting of pounds, shillings, pence and farthings.
- (humorous) The imperial system of measurement, as opposed to the metric system.
- These scales say I weigh 72 kilograms; what's that in old money?