The definition of off-the-shelf is something that is in stock and not customized.
The furniture that is available on a showroom floor is an example of off-the-shelf.
Available from merchandise in stock; not custom-made.
off-the-shelf - Computer Definition
- If your professor has exacting requirements, and an off-the-shelf paper won't do, there are even sites with stables of writers who will create custom papers in any subject.
- If off-the-shelf stencils are close, but not giving you exactly what you are looking for, create your own stencil at home to test out a tattoo before you purchase.
- While it can be more economical to purchase off-the-shelf invitations from a stationery or office supply store, there are several things to keep in mind.
- And it won't be long before gamers figure out ways to use off-the-shelf hard drives in place of the manufacturers' more expensive upgrades.
- If off-the-shelf jewelry isn't quite your style, you might consider one of the many options for unique diamond engagement rings.