occlusive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Occluding or tending to occlude.noun Linguistics
An oral or nasal stop.
occlusive - Medical Definition
- Occluding or tending to occlude.
- Of or being a bandage or dressing that closes a wound and keeps it from the air.
Variant of occlusion
- an occluding or being occluded
- Dentistry the fitting together of the upper and lower teeth, or the way in which these fit together when the jaws are closed
- Meteorol. occluded front
- Phonet. the complete closing of the air passages in pronunciation, as of a stop
- occlusive adjective