(no̵̅o̅ mer′i kəl, nyo̵̅o̅-)
- of, or having the nature of, number
- in or by numbers
- denoting (a) number
- expressed by numbers, not by letters
- Math. designating or of value regardless of sign: the numerical value of -3 is 3
See numerical in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of or relating to a number or series of numbers: numerical order.
- Designating number or a number: a numerical symbol.
- Expressed in or counted by numbers: numerical strength.
Origin: From Latin numerus, number; see number
Learn more about numerical