- of, or having the nature of, number
- in or by numbers
- denoting (a) number
- expressed by numbers, not by letters
- Math. designating or of value regardless of sign: the numerical value of –3 is 3
- Of or relating to a number or series of numbers: numerical order.
- Designating number or a number: a numerical symbol.
- Expressed in or counted by numbers: numerical strength.
Origin of numericalFrom Latin numerus number ; see number .
(comparative more numerical, superlative most numerical)
- of or pertaining to numbers