- An example of a numerator is a person who counts items on a conveyor belt.
- An example of a numerator is the 3 in the fraction 3/4.
The definition of a numerator is a person or thing that does numbering, or the top number in a fraction.
- a person or thing that numbers
- Math. the term above or to the left of the line in a fraction: 6 is the numerator of
Origin of numeratorLate Latin ; from Classical Latin numerare: see number
- Mathematics a. The expression written above the line in a common fraction to indicate the number of parts of the whole.b. An expression to be divided by another; a dividend.
- One that numbers; an enumerator.