- Navigation is defined as the act or process of planning out a route or directing the travels of a boat, ship, car, person etc..
When a GPS device plans out your route and tells you where to go and when to turn, this is an example of GPS navigation.
These items are aides to navigation.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the act or practice of navigating
- the science of locating the position and plotting the course of ships and aircraft
- traffic by ship
Origin: L navigatio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The theory and practice of navigating, especially the charting of a course for a ship or aircraft.
- Travel or traffic by vessels, especially commercial shipping.
- navˌi·gaˈtion·al adjective
- navˌi·gaˈtion·al·ly adverb
navigation - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.