- a former gold coin of France, equivalent to 20 francs, with a portrait of Napoleon I (or III) on it
- a card game similar to euchre
- a bid to take all five tricks in this game
- a rectangle of puff pastry with a custardlike filling
Origin of napoleonafter Napoleon I
- seeNapoleon Bonapartein full Napoleon I
- (born François Charles Joseph Napoléon Bonaparte) Duke of Reichstadt 1811-32; titular emperor of France: son of Napoleon I & Marie Louise
- see Louis Napoleon
- A 20-franc gold coin formerly used in France. Also called nap 4.
- Games See nap4.
Origin of napoleonAfter Napoleon I
A rectangular piece of pastry made with crisp, flaky layers filled with custard cream.
Origin of napoleonAlteration (influenced by the name of Napoleon I ) of French napolitain flaky pastry made with almond paste and fruit jam from napolitain Neapolitan, of Naples from Italian napoletano from Napoli Naples, Italy
From the French Imperial forename Napoleon, usually with reference to Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Napoleon Bonaparte.
- A male given name sometimes given in honor of the French emperor.