- Misspelling is the act of spelling a word incorrectly or a word that is not correctly spelled.
- An example of misspelling is the spelling of kitchen as "citchen."
- An example of misspelling is calendar spelled as "colandor."
misspelling definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
(an) incorrect spelling
misspelling definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or an instance of spelling incorrectly.
- A word spelled incorrectly.
Variant of misspell