- Inaccurate aim.
- Incorrect instructions or directions.
- Law An error made by a judge in charging a jury.
- An act of misleading, of convincing someone to concentrate in an incorrect direction.
- The magician used misdirection to get us to watch his left hand while he did something with his right hand.
- (UK, law) An error of law within a judgement committed by a judge or judges of a lower court, particularly as found by an appeals court
Variant of misdirect
to direct wrongly or badly; specif.,
- to aim (a blow, etc.) badly
- to address (a letter) incorrectly
- to give incorrect instructions to, esp. as a judge to a jury