- The definition of a melting pot is a place where different people or different cultures all come together and begin to merge and mix.
America is an example of a melting pot where immigrants and people from all over the world visit and live and share thoughts and ideas to create one big new culture.
melting pot definition by Webster's New World
- a container in which metals or other substances are melted; crucible
- a country, place, or area in which immigrants of various nationalities and races are assimilated
melting pot definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A container in which a substance is melted.
- A place where immigrants of different cultures or races form an integrated society: “Canadians . . . liked to think of their country as a mosaic rather than a melting pot” (Kenneth McNaught).
melting pot - Cultural Definition
A term expressing the view that immigrants to the United States have been fused or melted into a single people.