- The definition of a melting pot is a place where different people or different cultures all come together and begin to merge and mix.
America is an example of a melting pot where immigrants and people from all over the world visit and live and share thoughts and ideas to create one big new culture.
- a container in which metals or other substances are melted; crucible
- a country, place, or area in which immigrants of various nationalities and races are assimilated
- A container in which a substance is melted.
- A place or society in which immigrants of different cultures or races form a single culture.
(plural melting pots)