- to increase to the maximum; raise to the highest possible degree; enlarge, intensify, etc. as much as possible
- to estimate or make appear to be of the greatest possible amount, value, or importance
transitive verbmax·i·mized, max·i·miz·ing, max·i·miz·es
- To increase or make as great as possible: “the ideal of maximizing opportunity through the equalizing of educational opportunity” (Robert J. Havighurst).
- Mathematics To find the largest value of (a function).
(third-person singular simple present maximizes, present participle maximizing, simple past and past participle maximized)
- to make as large as possible
- (computing, graphical user interface) to expand (a window) to fill the main display area