- the act or occupation of arranging nuptial matches for others
- the act or practice of bringing together unmarried people with the hope that they will marry or become romantically involved
- the arranging of wrestling or boxing matches, etc.
(countable and uncountable, plural matchmakings)
- An attempt to make two people romantically interested in each other, especially an attempt to set up a date between people or to arrange a marriage.
- (business) A service aiming to bring together sellers and buyers or potential partners.
- (video games) The act or process of locating suitable players to take part in a multiplayer game session.
- The manufacture of matches for kindling or burning.
- Present participle of matchmake.