- The definition of manic is someone or something that shows wild and unrestrained enthusiasm, to the point of being in a frenzied state.
A person jumping and dancing around with intense excitement is an example of someone who might be described as manic.
- Psychiatry having, characterized by, or like mania
- Informal extremely or excessively excited, elated, etc.
- Full of or characterized by frenetic activity or wild excitement: a manic fiddler; the manic pace of modern life.
- Psychiatry Relating to or affected by mania.
Origin of manicGreek manikos, mad, from maniā, madness; see mania.
(comparative more manic, superlative most manic)