- designating or of a gun, aircraft, missile, etc. that has a range of great distance
- looking far into the future: long-range plans
- Of, suitable for, or reaching long distances: long-range missiles.
- Requiring or involving an extended span of time: long-range planning.
(comparative longer-range, superlative longest-range)
- Capable of operating over a great distance.
- Long-range missiles can shoot down any planes before they can even be seen.
- Involving a great period of time.
- Long-range planning is not my specialty.
- travelling over a long distance