- The definition of linearity is the property of having only one dimension.
When you only measure the length and not the width, this is an example of linearity.
linearity definition by Webster's New World
noun pl. linearities
- the quality or state of being linear
- the extent to which any signal modification process, as detection, is accomplished without amplitude distortion
- the fidelity with which a televised image is reproduced as determined by the extent to which there is a uniform distribution of the picture elements on the screen
- Physics the extent to which any effect is exactly proportional to its cause