- the series of developmental changes in form undergone by a particular type of organism from its earliest stage to the recurrence of the same stage in the next generation
- any series of changes like this
life cyclelife cycle
The life cycle of a butterfly.
An example of life cycle is a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.
- The course of developmental changes through which an organism passes from its inception through the stage at which it reproduces.
- A progression through a series of differing stages of development: the life cycle of a star.
- The span of a product's existence from its initial development through the period of marketing and active use to eventual obsolescence.
life cycle - Investment & Finance Definition
A versatile term that applies to the lifetime of a product or business. Business life cycles are characterized by a start up phase, a period of growth, maturity, and closure.
- BT: In addition to being a green product in content and throughout the entire product life-cycle, TAP provides the added benefit of responsible, proactive, preventative pest control which is not provided with other forms of insulation.
- The continuous nature of the knots may also represent the life-cycle of all living things as well as the circular (never ending) pattern of life and spiritual growth.
- LTK: What are some of the challenges of a green company that maintains green practices for the entire product life-cycle?
- In one of the best-known species, Cicada septemdecim, from North America, the life-cycle is said to extend over seventeen years.
- Parthenogenesis is of normal occurrence in the life-cycle of many Hymenoptera.