- The definition of a life cycle is the series of changes that happen to a living creature over the course of its lifetime.
An example of life cycle is a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.
The life cycle of a butterfly.
- the series of developmental changes in form undergone by a particular type of organism from its earliest stage to the recurrence of the same stage in the next generation
- any series of changes like this
- The course of developmental changes through which an organism passes from its inception through the stage at which it reproduces.
- A progression through a series of differing stages of development: the life cycle of a star.
- The span of a product's existence from its initial development through the period of marketing and active use to eventual obsolescence.
life cycle - Computer Definition
life cycle - Investment & Finance Definition
A versatile term that applies to the lifetime of a product or business. Business life cycles are characterized by a start up phase, a period of growth, maturity, and closure.