- Legislation is defined as laws and rules made by the government.
An example of legislation is a new state rule that changes textbook requirements.
legislation definition by Webster's New World
- the act or process of making a law or laws
- the law or laws made
Origin: Late Latin legislatio ; from Classical Latin lex (gen. legis), law (see legal) plush latio, a bringing, proposing ; from latus, past participle of ferre, to bring, bear
legislation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or process of legislating; lawmaking.
- A proposed or enacted law or group of laws.
legislation - Legal Definition
- A bill being considered by a legislature that will become law if enacted.
- The entire body of such bills under consideration or already enacted as law by a legislature.
- The process of enacting bills into law.